Red sauce with meat
· 2 32 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
· 1 32 oz can of tomato sauce or puree
· 5 cloves garlic. minced
· meatballs from below recipe
· 1 lb country style pork ribs
· 2 tablespoons raw sugar
· 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons dry oregano
· 1 tablespoon died basil
· 2 cups red wine (burgundy is best)
Ingredients for meatballs:
· 1/2 onion, diced fine
· 1 clove garlic, diced fine
· 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
· 1 lb 3 meat meatloaf ground meat (pork, veal and beef)
· 1 tablespoon dry parsley
· 1 tablespoon dry oregano
· 2 eggs, beaten
mix all together well and form into 2 inch balls
brown in the pot you will use for your sauce and remove into a baking pan
finish in a 350 F oven (about 30 minutes)
For the sauce:
Brown the country ribs in the same pot as the meatballs
When browned on all sides stir in all the ingredients.
rinse out the tomato cans with about a cup of water.
cover and bring to a simmer, stirring regularly.
Add meatballs after 1 hour and continue simmering for 2 hours.Serve with your favorite pasta.