Tuesday, October 13, 2015

It is not like i have not been cooking

I have, but just forget to take pictures, write down the recipes here and so forth...
that apology given, i share the following: 24 hour smoked brisket and this is all that is left after 2 days:
firm yet fork tender and juicy!


I changed my rub and went with something very different:
I also cooked 2 full briskets at a time

Brisket Rub 2

Ratio:
3 chipolte peppers, dry, crushed fine
6 paprika
1 rosemary
6 black pepper
6 salt
1 cayenne pepper
1 turbo sugar

The method was slightly different

 - the brisket is slow cooked 24 hours (200 F) with a liquid barrier between the brisket and the heat
rub applied the previous day.
smoke is from Hickory
After 8 hours in the smoker, the brisket is wrapped in tinfoil and cooking continues for the remainder of the 24 hours at 200 F

no extra wood is added for smoke

this is a keeper and reminded me of the best i ever had in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you lake this or have extra ideas to share with my readers, please leave your message here, Thank you: