Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Radish Greens

I usually plant radishes and get a good crop in the spring, but hate throwing out the greens!
They are too prickly to be eaten raw in my estimation so I treat them like other greens I like to eat.

Radish greens


·       4 to 5 bunches of radish top, cut into fine strips
·       1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
          (any vinegar works, but apple cider is my favorite)
·       1 teaspoon raw sugar
·       1/2 teaspoon crush hot pepper
·       1/2 teaspoon black pepper (accents the spicy radish greens)
·       salt to taste

Cook down on a low heat till the greens are completely wilted and much of the liquid is gone
taste and add more of what ever you like.
It took me 1/2 hour to get it to where I wanted, but you might want it more tender, so more time

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you lake this or have extra ideas to share with my readers, please leave your message here, Thank you: