Monday, November 4, 2013

Roasting Pumpkin seeds

I keep refining my technique and this is my final product.
With pumpkins in plentiful supply from October through November, i love to cook with them,
but love roasted seeds as well.

First thing i learned was that you first must boil them...
If you want them salted, add 1 teaspoon per pint to the water.
Boil for 30 minutes.

Strain, rinse and blot dry.

place on a sheet tray and spread them out evenly.

This is the next thing i learned...
i normally do a lot of baking and cooking at 350 F  (~ 175 C).
If you use this temperature, you must watch very carefully or the seeds (and other things) will scorch.
I use 300 F (~ 150 C) and let them cook for 2 hours.
leave them in the oven and turn off the heat.
when everything is cool - enjoy eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you lake this or have extra ideas to share with my readers, please leave your message here, Thank you: