Sunday, September 29, 2013

back to herbs

i use some herbs that are not tremendously common, sometimes.
Fenugreek is one and have had a difficult time finding it.
I would say the flavors pair well with Indian food, which i will cook at times.
Hard to find, but i found the seeds and so have been harvesting it and find that it is also better dried (more flavor) and so have dried my first batch.
Tarragon is more common, but i grew that also and now have a great batch of it; used with fish and poultry, i particularly like it with crab!
Cinnamon basil, smells more like a Thai basil and so that is what i use it with.
Leeks i have grown for the first time.
Fennel seed is a staple in my garden (and hard to get rid of) - teas, extracts and sausages are my main focus.
Marjoram, much like oregano, but used more in Mexican cooking.
Thyme, one of my favorites for poultry.
cilantro, parsley, rosemary, celery all make the appearance in my garden and the smells are marvelous to take in while walking.
Spearmint and peppermint also ten to take over as i brush past....
This fall is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you lake this or have extra ideas to share with my readers, please leave your message here, Thank you: